Life as it is Now

Life is good these days. I have another blog that has stories from my past. It didn't seem appropriate to post the day to day events in my life there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States

Hmmm... What about me is the most interesting? I am over 50, work a full time job that I love. I have 2 sons and 7 grandchildren. Three of my 5 sisters live in the same area I do - so we see each other a lot. I spend weekends with my nieces - spinning on our spinning wheels or going to guild meetings. I am in a committed relationship that works. We have 2 dogs and 3 cats and live in a little neighborhood outside the Phoenix metro area.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Long day at work

Man, yesterday was a monster! We had a project going live last night and had to stay late to test it. It was cool, cause we came in later. The project was not scheduled to be ready to test until 7:45 and we knew it was going to take a couple of hours for the testing itself.

We started testing at a little before 8 and it failed immediately on every point. Holy Crap!

We had tested this thoroughly in the test environment earlier in the week and all the defects had been fixed and re-tested - what in the world is the freaking problem.

We called the vendor and fiddled with it until 9 pm and then had to back out the changes because there was no way to get it resolved last night.

So, I don't know when we will attempt it again - but not tonight.

The fact is that I love my job and this would have been just a little annoyance but for the fact that I had to miss the American Idol results show.

Dang it, I didn't tape it either!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Waste some Time



Hangman
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary