Life as it is Now

Life is good these days. I have another blog that has stories from my past. It didn't seem appropriate to post the day to day events in my life there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States

Hmmm... What about me is the most interesting? I am over 50, work a full time job that I love. I have 2 sons and 7 grandchildren. Three of my 5 sisters live in the same area I do - so we see each other a lot. I spend weekends with my nieces - spinning on our spinning wheels or going to guild meetings. I am in a committed relationship that works. We have 2 dogs and 3 cats and live in a little neighborhood outside the Phoenix metro area.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Spinning with the littles

I taught two of my nieces to spin on a hand spindle last summer and they quickly progressed to spinning wheels. I ended up buying another couple of spinning wheels in order to be able to use one for my own projects.

Maegan is now 8 and Sarah is 10 (collectively known as "the littles")and they are at my house almost every weekend. Their mother Juanita thought we looked like we were having fun so she learned to spin too.

There are times when all 4 of us are set up in the living room spinning away. I wish I had a picture of that.

A couple of weeks ago, we went to the Alpaca show held east of town. One of the guilds I belong to asked for volunteers to set up their spinning wheels and demonstrate. The littles and I brought 3 wheels and some knitting. We were not able to bring the wheel that Maegan normally spins on, the wheel that she tried to use was not working well for her so she ended up finger knitting most of the time and socializing.

Sarah, on the other hand, was doing well and seemed very comfortable in the public setting - answering questions and filling her bobbin up. When I first talked to them about going, they were both hesitant about people talking to them, asking them questions and if they thought they could explain it. But they both did so well.

We had great fun. I'm going to go look for pictures of them spinning. I know I have a couple somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Waste some Time



Hangman
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary